Sep 3, 2010

In Law

I helped my boyfriend's mother to make a baked macaroni with bacon and cornet last night. I was quite surprised the first time because she was not only made that baked macaroni my herself, but also with her older sister and close friend IN her sister house. So I met the big family of my boyfriend which for me is kinda frightened. I never met my ex-boyfriend's family before so I felt a little bit uncomfortable last night, in a normal level.

I had an experience which made me learnt a lot about how to be polite but still be yourself to other person/group especially boyfriend related. I made a big mistake years ago where I didn't give my fully respect to my ex-boyfriend's family. I didn't realize it I was wrong at the first time. And it left me a big regret also. But I try to learn from the past so I can be better in the future.

So this is it, I face yesterday quite successful. I said hi to everyone, I offered my help cut the bacon, to slush the cheese, to crack the eggs. But the most important is I start the small talk. You can't keep in silent forever. People will think you're a loner. By start a small talk, you try to blend with them. Well, at least they know you try.

I have a secret how ease the uncomfortable part when you meet your mother in law to be: it's the power of your mind. Keep remind yourself and keep this in your head that s/he (the parents in law to be) is just human. Don't think that they're your parents in law. Just think that they're persons, your close friend's parents/family member who need to be respected. I mean, you have to respect everyone right? Make no different in your mind.

If you respect everyone no matter who they are, then you have no difficulties to respect your parents in law to be. :)

In a short words: Be casual with them. You'll never go wrong with that.

Anyway, my mother in law to be made me two baked macaronis.I love her selfmade baked macaroni. But since I saw it myself the ingredients, I think I better think twice before I consume it.

It contains: a pack of long macaronis (high carbohydrate), 2 pack of cheddar cheese (high calories (and calcium of course)), approx. 10 eggs (cholesterol! cholesterol!), 2 carts of milk (thank God it's low fat high calcium), a large pack of beef bacon (there're too much preservatives in it), and cans of beef cornet.

And this is i: 2 BAKED MACARONIS WITH BACON AND BEEF CORNET made by my boyfriend's mommy for me

Look delicious right? ;p

No comments: