Aug 18, 2010

High School Reunion


Just had a great reunion with my 10th grade high school friends yesterday at Bon Ami Restaurant. To be honest, it always good to see your old pals, nothing can change the craziness, the silly things we did back then - things that only once we did it, in high school.

And look where we are right now. Standing in the middle of year 2010, almost 8 years since we were in high school. And look again where those 8 years brought us to. 8 years ago, I sat in that classroom wore those white and dark grey uniform, with my "culun" face. I remember I never passed physic, chemistry, and math. I did good on biology and history. I remember we were undisciplined, we escaped, and we were much unrespected the teachers.

But what I remember the most in the 10th grade is how we create a gank and we used the character names in Meteor Garden-a famous Taiwanese television show. We named it Bul-Bul Gank and it consisted 'Sanchai, 4 cowok jagoan dan 5 penghibur".

After the 10th grade, life brought us to our own path of life. After we were graduated, some of us left Indonesia for studied abroad and we didn't much chance to meet up and gather. So this kind of thing we did yesterday, is always a nice and worth thing to do.

Organize more than 5 people to meet up at some exact time and date and place is a hardcore.Everyone have their own agenda and it's kinda tiring sometimes to organize them. But like what I said, it's worthed. Even, we discovered one or two things we didn't noticed before! David brought his Macbook and showed us our pictures back in 10th grade. I was full ashamed with my own in those pictures, but hey..I guess that was one of many things that make me who I am right now, right?

Everyone evolves, and as much as I can see, me and them, we evolve better year by year.

8 years ago, I was just a "tawdry" teenage with those geeky face. And today, I become a person. I am proud of it :)


It is hard to convince a high-school student that s/he will encounter a lot of problems more difficult than those of algebra and geometry.
Edward W. Howe

No comments: