Aug 5, 2010

The Gift To Give

One of my friend asked her followers, what’s the best gift that she possibly give for her parents on their 25th anniversary? I said to her, throw them a surprse party! Then she said, they will be in Korea or Japan on that spesific date. I replied, make a reservation in the best romantic restaurant, let they have a special moment - just the two of them. Then, you can give a tiny little suprise for them at the end. It could be a rose with a note on it :” Happy Anniversary dear mom and dad. We Love You. From your children.”

Sweet isn’t it?

For me, the best gift you can give to someone isn’t a thing. Well, a birthday gift is important. I love birthday gift. All I’m saying here is stuff is just stuff. Sometimes they useful, sometimes they just become a display. For example: On my 17th birthday, I received a giant bear doll from my friend. And guess where is it now? No offense, but it’s in my unused room where I usually put my unused stuffs. I received wallet from my boyfriend for my 23rd birthday. And I still use it until today (beside it was from my boyfriend, of course).

See? It’s either useful or just as a display. But if you create a moment (you rarely experience a great moment right?), you’ll remember it for the rest of your life. I’m not saying that giving a gift isn’t worthed. You still allowed to give someone a gift. You in order to give the gift, you need to create the moment first.

The next thing not less important is the card! What you write inside the card will determine your wishes, your hope, and the most important is how well you prepare the gift/moment/the card itself.

I less like if someone give me a birthday card and they only write ” Happy Birthday. Wish you all the best. From X”. Like you mass-write it to someone else’s card too. I really respect originality :)

Tips from me when you write a birthday card or anniversary card, or any kind of card: Fill it as what your heart telling you :)





The most wonderful of all things in life, I believe, is the discovery of another human being with whom one's relationship has a growing depth, beauty, and joy as the years increase. This inner progressiveness of love between two human beings is a most marvelous thing; it cannot be found by looking for it or by passionately wishing for it. It is a sort of divine accident, and the most wonderful of all things in life - Sir Hugh Walpole

No comments: