Aug 2, 2010

Cash The Damn Cheque

This morning, my bos told me to cash a check in the bank. I confidently brought the cheque and the cheque only. I never cashing a cheque before since the only way to get money is from ATM. So I went downstairs in Ground Level and entering the door. The security asked me "What can I do for you?". Instead of saying I want to go to the teller, I said "I want to cashing a cheque.", so he instantly know where he suppose to direct me to.
 
So I take the queque number and sit. Then my number was called. I, again, confidently give the cheque to the bank officer and said that I want to cash the cheque.
She asked me my ID card. I said I don't bring it down with me. She said to me while she returning my cheque back that I have to fill some blanks in the BACK side of the cheque. Wodehel, why I didn't see it at the first place??? The bank officer look very confused either. I bet she confuse because I am confuse. I can tell by her face.
So I took back the cheque,go to my office then come back down again with a copy of my ID.
 
I never cash a cheque before. This kind of thing is new to me (since the way I know to get cash is through ATM machine). And I feel like a little bit embarrassed when I was in the bank, because I don't know how to cash a cheque.
 
But hey, there is always the first time for everything. I bet the bank officer didn't know the fastest method how to counting a pile of money in the first place.
All I tell here is, if you don't know how to do something or you're in the lack of one particular information about something, DO NOT hesitate to ask and do.You ask once, but you're like a lightbulb for the rest of your life (except you have alzhemir or amnesia of course). You did something and it was wrong once. But you'll be riht forever.
Do not feel ashame if you do something wrong. People do it everytime.  
 
So the next time I cashing a cheque, I am going to write the information and data needed, then come to the teller and never going to be wrong again :)

No comments: