Sep 8, 2008

Thankful

Being in the hospital area six days a week for almost one month really open my eyes about many things, especially about health. For all this time, I never miss one single day without feeling thankful to God about my health. I realize that I am in a good condition, and that's what I thankful about. But I never really-really thankful enough for a bigger-detail thing about my health.

I felt bored once in the beginning of my internship and I end up draw octopuses. A lot of it. ehehehe..But now I am very busy searching and writing one article to another article, about non medic articles to medic articles. So far, I already wrote about movie, travel and living (I wrote about Wakatobi Island in Sulawesi, and it is like heaven on earth. If you love diving, you have to go there.), how to enjoy wine, and so on. The medic article I wrote is about Whole Body MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging).

Recently, I have a job to design an advertising about MSCT (Multi Slice Computed Tomography) Cardiography. Well, actually I only have to compose a message that sell the CT Scan 64 Slice machine. So I begin to observe and ask the doctor about the CT Scan machine and the important part is what's to scanned. The name is dr. Nugroho and he is a heart specialize. He is a great and nice doctor, and he told me a lot of things about CAD or coronary artery disease. In Indonesia you can say it penyakit jantung koroner, which is very deathly and come up suddenly without early warning or symptoms. He is the one who make me learn a lot of things about heart especially CAD. He gave me alot of pdf files about the CAD and MSCT 64 Slice so even I am freak out because I have to understand one strange medical word to another, I learn a lot about CAD.

I watched someone did the CT scan process, I watched dr. Nugroho analyzed the CT Scan image, I watched someone did the cateter, and he showed me what is exactly the cause of the CAD. There is a plaque there in the Coronary artery which make the blood doesn't flow well. And when the plaque cover the whole artery, that's when you die.

The causes are a lot. Hypercholestrolemia or hyper cholestrol, diabete, smoking, obesite, family history in CAD, age, stress level, and so on. And from that point I know, that what we eat define what we are inside.

My mom keep telling me for all this time that a food that fried is not good. It is bad. BUt I never fully understand what is the bad side? Or maybe I know it is bad, because my mom tell me so. I never really-really understand what it is bad. But now I know. I know it is bad because the fat from the deep fried food is running with our blood in our body. And if you keep maintain how you eat that way, it accumulate and you know where it end.

I learn a lot about health and I've got a whole new experience and knowledge that I never imagine before. And guess what! I don't like veggie before. I avoid it over and over. But now, I will eat whatever vegetable is on the table. I eat and I don't ask. I eat for my health.

One more thing about the cause of CAD is the stress level. My mom once again always said that stress invite diseases. And she is actually right! So that is why I always train myself to be happy. I don't want to be stress. I want to be happy and will do anything to be happy. I can be very thankful for what I already have instead of what I don't have and I can't have. The choice is in our very hand. So dance and sing if you want, laugh and hug if you want..if it's what you need to feel happy. Happy is a good feeling.=D

So at the end, this is how I thankful to God about my health. I thankful because You make and still make my blood runs well, I thankful because You allow to move my feet so I can walk normally, I can move my hands so I can hold anything normally, I thankful to You because You make my heart beats, You still make me breath normally, You still allow my brain to work properly.

I thankful not because I have to say I thank you.
I thankful because I know what I have to thankful for.
And You really open my eyes and make me see more clearly than before.
So I am thank you to You.

No comments: