Aug 9, 2008

The After Party's Vodka


These last few weeks, Lili called me and asked me if there is a chance I want to be a part of the Even Organizer crew. Her cousin is the owner and they, the EO, needed someone who can look after the guest book and the angpao (you know, the red envelope with money inside as a gift for the bride and the groom). I said yes to her and yesterday is my fourth time being a guest book and angpao keeper. hahahaha.


Yesterday was a good date to held a wedding because of the 08.08.08 thing. So there I came to Palimanan CitraRaya and I really do like the concept of the wedding. All this time, everytime I attend a wedding party, I always feel boring. For me, it is look like they held a party for the parents. You know, with all the old chinese songs, and the old chinese traditions, and so on.

Most of the guests are invited by the parents from the bride and the groom. And from my experiences as a guest book keeper, sometimes the guests didn't know the name of the bride or the groom. They only knew the name of the father or the mother from the bride or the groom. Isn't that too....much? I mean.. it's more like the parents who do the wedding rather than their daughter or son.


But yesterday is different. The guests are young (as proof, I met Stanley, Boby, and Meli-Rendy) and they are friends from the bride and the groom! Of course there are friends from the parents but it felt sooo good to see that young guests finally lightin' up the party.

I also like the wedding concept. They held the wedding ceremony ( the say I do - I do part) in the golf range and the they held the party in the next golf range area. There are no old chinese songs, the shows were simple. After the wedding party, there was a after party. And after party mean trance musics, R&B songs, andddd vodkas.


Speaking of vodka, I would I like to speak about my experiences with alcohol. I never like alcohol. I never like beer, vodka, champange, gin, whatever you name it. My really first experience with alcohol started in Tus-tus' new house. Tus2 said to me and point his finger to the pink liquid in the table, " Try this, this is good." And when he said that this is good, I really really mean it good. So I picked up one full glass of that pink liquid without ask what is this thing. And then Ivan called. So I talked on the phone while I am drinking the pink thing. Not so long then, I felt my face become ...warm. And in the time I told Ipan, that was the time I knew I was drunk. Ok, I was drunk by accident.


Yesterday, is another weird and stupid experience with alcohol. After the official wedding party over, I sat tiredly and desperately in the VIP room with another crews. Outside, the DJ already played the trance musics sooo loud. And then come my "devil"(hoahoahoaha) came to me, offered me a full glass of coca-cola brown liquid in the table. It is a mix of vodka, rum, and coffee and the alcohol is very low, he said. I said no at first, then said OK I will have a little, and end up with drank 3/4 part of the glass. Thanks to Handi, you are soooo make me drunk this time. My face became red, my heart beated faster, I hardly walked,I can not be really-really sure where I was (well, then I realize I already at my room and reached home safely), and I think I heard some of people talked like I was still in the party.

Drunk is not good for me.


I really don't like alcohol. Alcohol is not good for your health as I read from the articles from HowStuffWorks and they taste weird. I don't understand why some people love the alcohol. Why they get to the bar and why they are looking for the alcohol. Why they are not looking for a chocolate milkshake maybe when the are thirsty or something. I mean, I don't get the reason they love alcohol. Instead of having a glass of vodka like yesterday, I would rather have a full glass of chocolate milkshake or milk tea. They do taste better. And definitely healthier.


Today I met my old friends from high school: Molen, David, Sion, Fenny, and Tonny. We had a good but short time together. =D Nice to meet you guys!

david-tonny-sion-susan-molen-fenny

No comments: