Feb 1, 2011

One of Life's Serendipities

Having lots of friends is cool. It maybe because you're famous or maybe you're an easygoing one. And with me spent times with many different people that I didn't hang much before lately, it makes me realize that maybe I am not that easygoing person and I am fine with it.

Don't get me wrong, I can make friends with someone new. I can be nice to them, but I am not certain to be along with them. Like few days ago, I was asked by one of my hang out friend to hang out with her high school friends. I was in the same high school actually with her friends, but I wasn't at the same class; I took social class while they were in science class, so I felt like an outsider at that time. I had dinner with them at the mall, and yes I was tried to be nice and easygoing as possible. They were my friends and I enjoyed it. It's just...different compared with me hang out my friends.

From there, I am taking a conclusion. I don't need to be famous or easygoing or whatever. All I need is having a few true friends who always there to talk to, share something with, gossiping with. Friends whom I know I can count on anytime and the most important, friends who's going to be there in your darkest day.

I rather have them instead of having tons of friends.

And I thank God that my present boyfriend is happen to be one of my bestest friend. I feel safe with him, I can gossip with him (even it is just a one way gossiping due to he is not quite a gossiper like me (and please do not interpret the word 'gossip' with gossip, my way to gossip is by sharing stories about other people. Period.)), most of all I can count on him to be there for me. I really thank God for this precious invaluable gift :)

I thank God also for few persons who happen to be my best friends on earth. It happened because at some point and some way, they choose you and you choose them through a long time process. It happened because it's one of life's serendipities.

Sadly, you have to be carefully pick and appraise someone before you claim them to be your best friend.

I'm just saying, sometimes and at some point, they are not.


No comments: