Dec 22, 2010

Mother's Day

Speaking of December, there's this one special day we usually celebrate in Indonesia beside Christmas. We celebrate Mother's day every December 22 and today is December 22! I usually don't know how to celebrate this particular celebration since every human being which is female and ever have children are celebrating this day. So it's a mass-celebration not personal celebration like birthday or anniversary.

So, the ultimate question is what should I do on this day to make her know that I am notice about the day but still not too much. So as a part of my dedication, I would like to share something or several things about my mother. Not because my mom is the best among other moms, I believe that every mom is the best for their children. It's just more like a recall for myself about the sacrifices she made for me and her children. Because sometimes we can easily forget the little but massive things she did for us.

My mother is a talk active person. She likes to share stories about other people, especially life lessons we can take from that other people experiences. She likes it so much until she doesn't realize if she already repeated it for like a thousand times! Sometimes I get bored, and when I was a teenager, I think my mom's kinda boring. But as I grow up, I realize that she was tried to make me understand that I should learn from other people mistakes and experiences. My mom still repeating stories all over again but this time I know that I have to listen and keep that in my head wherever and whenever.

I fight with my mom sometimes. You know, a perfect relationship is bullshit and even you claimed that you have one, it doesn't mean that you're fight-free. In any kind of relationship, you fight sometimes so that's okay for you to fight. But you need to solve the fight with peace and more understanding about each other later. Sometimes I think that she's stubborn, I think she only loves to speak and listen less, and maybe she is! But if that's true, that would be okay. She's not perfect and she is still human. I just want to accept that she's my mom and she already done a lot rather than just thinking that she's stubborn and else. She is my imperfect perfect mother.

She is a very strong women. I lost my father when I was 13 and it was 10+ years ago. And for 10 years, she fights to be a single mother and I have to admit that it's not that easy. She have to work meanwhile she still have to be a mother. Not every women are gifted with that kind of ability. But she did it well until today. She raised well (I hope) and she still have to raise my little baby brother now.

So I figure out what's the best thing I can give for her not only on this very day but for the rest of her and my life. I have to make her happy and proud. I should not make burden for her. I think that it's time for her to enjoy the life to the fullest. Well, not to the fullest, I still have a teenage baby brother to deal with. Haha.

So thank you mother and to all mothers for doing such an amazing the greatest hard working unpaid job in the whole world.

p.s: I know thank you ain't just enough :)


No comments: