Nov 18, 2010

Bali part 1

Hola! I’m back from Bali and I know I promised you lotsa photos from my short trip to Bali. And since tumblr and blogspot have different templates and else, so I’ve decided to make different post with the same topic. So make sure to check both of my blog for total report :D

This wasn’t my first trip to Bali but still Bali is impress me with its beauty and fun. I stayed at the Tune Hotel Kuta, Bali for the first two nights. I booked for two single rooms, each room will be filled with two persons. I already did measured the length and the wide of the bed and in my prediction, it’ll fit for two persons. But after we got there, all I can say was this room is too small. It’s very simple and almost like a boarding room (it even smaller than a boarding room actually) but very very clean. Honestly, I don’t really mind small room as long as the room is clean and proper to stay in. So I am giving 8 as the evaluation.



I stayed at the Harris Hotel Tuban Bali for the third night after had a “don’t know where to stay” crisis and it’s one of the best deal hotel!

I went to many beautiful places and ate a lot of delicious foods during in Bali. The first thing we did after we landed in Bali was off to Jimbaran. We enjoyed seafood with sea view there and surprisingly it wasn't that good anymore compared to years ago. After Jimbaran, we jumped up to Discovery Mall at Kuta Bali. We met few
friends there and then off to the beach behind the Discovery. It was dark and one of my friends, who sell fireworks, fired up lots of fireworks in the beach. It was beautiful fireworks :)

We sat down on the sand and talk. There, I met one of the friends of my friend who has a gifted talent. He can read hand line and he can tell you about your life, you love life and else. He also can read someone's face and he can tell you his/her character. I actually don't believe those kind of things but I'm curious enough to ask..just for fun. And surprisingly, he read my someone's face right just by looking at the photo I showed him. I believe he has a gift and I believe he has it for a reason. But whatever he told about me, I'll just want to see the positive side of it. Just like he said it himself, " I'm not God. I just tell you what I know. Just keep on walking and live your life but still be cautious."

After Discovery, we went to this small small restaurant we usually called "warung/depot", we ate Nasi Pedas Bu Andika. Before I went to Bali, my friend Inijie told me about this food and he said it's a must eat food in Bali. I said to him at that time that I don't like spicy food. But then I ate it and it was superrbbb! Of course I didn't eat the sambal pedas, but still taste super scrumptious for me. Here's Jie's review about Nasi Pedas Bu Andika.


Nasi pedas Bu Andika


The next day, we went to Ubud to eat the famous Nuri's Spare ribs. I never ate this food before so I expect more about the taste. People said that Nuri's has big portion of spare ribs so first I decided to share it with a friend. But then I eat it and I fell in love so much with this ribs. I started to ask for more from my friends. You definitely HAVE to make a stop at this restaurant and eat the ribs if you go to Bali someday.


the best pork ribs EVER!


After ribs, we went to Antonio Blanco Museum. I never been to Ubud before so certainly don't know about this museum at all. All I ever heard is Antonio Blanco is an artist and he painted paints. And I'm not an art person so in
the time came in to the museum, I felt lost, and for me it
was just an abstract naked painting (no offense Antonio). I met his only son, Mario Blanco who grew up to become an artist like his father. We took a picture of him:

Mr. Mario Blanco

Next, we went back to Kuta and decided to eat Flapjacks. I heard this place a thousand time and super curious to eat the crepes. One of my colleagues suggested me to have ham and cheese crepes but I decided to have dessert and save ham and cheese crepes for the next day as my breakfast. The dessert was too sweet and I felt so much guilty after that. I ordered ham and cheese crepes the next day and I love it! My other friends ordered American breakfast with pancakes, bacon, eggs, and french fries, and I love them both. Flapjacks is heaven, or maybe it's because me who loves American breakfast instead of Indonesian.
I can't get enough of it!



1. Flapjack's American Breakfast
2. Flapjack's Hot dog
3. Flapjack's Ham and Cheese Crepes

At night we decided to hang out at Ku De Ta, one of my favorite place with beautiful sea view. I've been there years ago and it doesn't change a bit, in a good way. I ordered the same drink, hot chocolate, and they have the best hot chocolate I ever tasted. My friends ordered a pan of pizza and sushi and it cost us Rp.800.000,- in total (%$#@$%%#). It was the most expensive pizza and sushi I ever tasted. But it was worthed :)

The most expensive but delicious pizza ever purchased.

The night was still young, according to my friends so we decided to go to this one club called Bounty. I'm not a fan of clubbing at all so I wasn't excited at all. The time I stepped up to the club, my face was like this =S. The music was too loud but thank God the music was good. Foreign people were everywhere, dancing and drinking, Strangely they drank the alcohol not in a normal glass but in a fishbowl. Or at least, it did look a like a fish bowl.
The trash was everywhere, the place was dirty and hot, sweats and smoke were everywhere. I could die because of passive smoker there. My friend said that, that was the most disgusting and ugly club here in Bali. You can't even found it in Jakarta. OMG.

The most interesting part of the club is there are two giant cages filled up with some people dance inside of it. My other friend said the cages are like Tweety's cage. LOL

Here I give you a clue:

This is Bounty Club. Please take a look at the right side of the picture.
Then compare to this cage. Look similar, right?
Bounty has more tweeties in the cage than this one :p



To Be Continued.. :)


No comments: