Oct 26, 2009

A Long and Winding Road To Start My First Job

Next week from now, is going to be one of my biggest day on earth. And that's because I am going to start my first day at work as a secretary for director in this one financial advisor company. I got this job a loonggg time ago (well, not that long. I got this job since early August), and even before my graduation day! And the funny and silly part is I haven't work yet until this very moment. That's because, according to my future boss, the new office at Graha Bukopin isn't ready yet. So I have to wait for almost two months now. But the problem that's killing me the most is I can't stand boringness. I can't stand doing nothing all day! I feel boring, I feel useless, I can't sleep at nights!!! (the I can't sleep at night part is because if I do almost nothing at mid day, I almost can't sleep at night) In order to avoid that "insomnia", I have to think and do all the possible activities, which are watch DVD series until midnight, browsing the internet searching for anything to fill my head (and I turn out learning about stock market, interest rate, inflation, and other economic stuffs. How cool is that huh? ;P), hang out somewhere with my friends, cleaning up my room and the entire house, re=order my stuffs. I do this back and forth. Geez.

Surprisingly, the browsing and learning part is my favorite activity beside watching DVDs. I love to read because it can give you more knowledge no matter how small or useless the information is. If you read something new, you know something new and that's good. It will enlarge your knowledge so you do not just freeze out if one time people surround talk about some complicated subject. So I push myself not only read the fictions, but also the heavy one like the economic subject or else. I pick the easy-to= understand website like howstuffworks.com to help me. Well, if you didn't took the major, it doesn't mean you can't learn about it from the non-academic way rite?

Anyway this next Monday is my first day at work and i hope I can get along with the job, the boss, the partners, and the work environment. So far the boss is great and nice, the partners mostly are my high school friends and one of them is one of my best friend, the office is new, the office location is in the downtown, and the salary is more than great. For me this is one in a lifetime opportunity to have a job with a lot of advantages like this. It sure will enlarge my knowledge especially in financial subject and of course will enlarge my networks. I'm so excited!!!
Wish me luck everyone, I hope everything is going to be more than just fine :D :D

1 comment:

H Laimena said...

Good Luck and keep on blogging. love to read your story ^^