Apr 10, 2009

Become a Christian

Everybody knows that this life is an upside down process. Sometimes we are at above, but at some other times we are at the very below. And I think that is the nature of life. Or to be exact, that is life. C’est la vie. When the life is changing over time, I am changing over time too. And of course, I hope I change to be someone better, time to time. But at this very moment, I just realize one thing about one thing that actually-for all these times- shaping me. Without trying to be a fanatic and a bible talker, the thing that actually changes me is the bible and how I build my relationship with God.


I just realize and I admit that in 22 years of my life, I become a “good person” only in the time I build an intimate relationship with God. It means that I read the bible everyday like it is my daily bread, communicate with Him through prayers, and the important thing: do what He says through His bible. And usually when I do that, I am shaped into someone I never knew before. It is like the new me was born. It influence how I act, how I say, how I think, and the most important part is it do influence my attitude toward something. It helps me to accept the things I can not change and encourage me to do something I never thought I can do.


In the time I stay close to my Lord, the river of life is really flowing on me.


In the other hand, I realize that I become someone “bad” in the time I keep a distance with Him. Many reasons make me distracted, make my relationship with God is my last priority. And usually, I become a stubborn person, and I hold on to something too tight which make myself suffer and feel in pain. I can’t let go my past, I can’t let go all the things I know I can’t have, I can’t accept facts I fear I can’t accept.


It feels like I am alone in my own battle of life


I can pronounce myself to be a Christian.
But it won’t give any differences or any meaning if I don’t relate to Him who becomes the essence of the Christianity itself.


Happy Easter everyone of you who celebrate!!! May God be with you always. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi susan..

I just got your blog link from facebook. I guess I am enjoying reading your blog =))

yeap, I totally agree with you that the essence of Christianity is our relationship with Him!

Happy easter too!

Susan said...

hi annice, thank you for stop by. I hope you do enjoy the rest of the entries too. hehehehe.
anyway, nice to know you!!!