Aug 2, 2011

The Power of Prayer

Last week was one of the most horrible week for me. My mom got sick and has to be hospitalized for almost two weeks now. She got a heavy infection named sepsis, which is a severe illness in which the bloodstream is overwhelmed by bacteria. And because we were underestimated the fever my mom had two weeks ago, the infection was already spread to her whole organs including the liver, her kidney, her bone marrow which cause her thrombosis was dropped to the very low score, her lab result was very "ugly". and her whole body was suffered from her sepsis illness.

I was shocked and I felt my two legs became weak after I realized how dangerous my mom's illness and how it can cause death if she doesn't hospitalized immediately. Then I started to pray. My mom is Buddhist and I am a Christian. And at first, I had this confusion between praying to whom I believe which is Jesus Christ or should I pray to hr God in Buddhist..you know like Kwan Kong, Dewi Kwan Im, etc. I was in a massive desperation and I didn't know what to do or asking for help to who. But at one moment after that, finally I can literally speak and I pray to my God. I told Him that it crossed my mind once to ask for help to the other gods. But then I realized that I don't recognize them-the other gods. The only god I know is Jesus Christ and to Him I asked for help. My mother is a Buddhist but I'm sure my God loves her too. I prayed to Him once, I don't ask for anything to Him. I only ask for one thing: please bless my mother and please give her a long nice life so she can witness my wedding one day, she can see her grand daughter born, and she can help me to take care of my little baby in the future. I ask to Him for a good health for my mother.

And that time I repeat my prayer to Him.

I lost my father when I was 13 and living an imperfect family is hard enough for me and my family. I honestly don't know what to do if He decide to take away my mother too soon. I almost lost direction and sometimes I feel very much hopeless to see my mother being weak and suffer in the hospital. I have 2 little brother and sister who still need her guidance and her present. I really don't know what to do if the worst thing happen, but thank God my mom is now far more better than a week ago.

I think He listen to my prayer and I can't thank Him enough for just listen to it :)


No comments: