Mar 10, 2011

Dream Wedding

When it comes to wedding, I always think about the basic..the essence of wedding itself. In country and especially for Chinese people in Surabaya, it's very common to have a big celebration of love. It means there are hundred or even thousand of invitations, decoration that cost as expensive as the hall, lots of entertainment, and else. They hold a big wedding party and most of the times, the bride and the groom don't know all their guests. Mostly they only know some, and the rest are their parent's guests. And the biggest pain when you hold a wedding like is become an object of interest. The groom and especially the bride is going to be very exhausted since she has to wake up around 3 in the morning to do the make up and hair do, then they have to do the Chinese ceremony with the tea and cinciu (you know, give drink to the elders to show respects and blessings) and else, then go the church, then the photo shoots, the cinciu again, then the party. I don't know with them, but I certainly not going to enjoy it.

And I don't know why, I don't like that kind of wedding celebration. For me, a wedding celebration doesn't have to be extravagant. Sometimes, less are more. The essence of the wedding actually is the celebration of love, which actually can be celebrated in a very simple but sacred way. It's the promise you made at the altar is the most important thing above all.

Me myself, I love to have a simple but sacred wedding. I don't need thousand of people in my wedding, I just need those people I love and care and that include the families and close friends. I also don't need lots of entertainment, celebrating my wedding with my loved ones is the pleasure I love to have. All I say is, sharing one of your biggest day with few people you love is the biggest happiness you can experienced.

Well that's my dream but of course in a wedding we don't consider our own opinion and desire, but our couple too. But I still wish one day, I will experience my simple but gorgeous wedding.

It's going to be the most wonderful time in my life :)

FYI, these are e list of alternative love songs you can play on your wedding celebration ( I have checked the the lyrics and they are really fit for wedding):

  1. Your Love - Jim Brickman & Michelle Wright
  2. Be My Only - FM Radio
  3. It's Not a Dream - Sharon Corr
  4. They Bring Me To You - Joshua Radin

2 comments:

Unknown said...

:) I love small, private wedding too. U know whats really bad about a megavaganza wedding? The guests dont even bother talking about the bride & the groom!! They dont (really) care!!

Susan said...

yesssss!!!hahahaaha hv u ever heard a wedding documentation named papercrane? I saw their wedding documentary yesterday and it was beautiful! simple yet beautiful.
www.papercrane.com.au