Jan 25, 2009

Rolex vs Casio

Good sunday everyone!!! This is me again, blogging after a while.
My weekend yesterday consist of two parts. First part, I spent my weekend with Lili, Eunike, and her fiance (yes fiance) at PTC. The second part is, I spent my "after-weekend" at Sutos with Lili, her brother, and her entire cousins related family. To be honest, this last weekend is become my 'off-limit weekend'. I spent my time at PTC until 10 and after that I joined the family until 01.30. In the morning. Yeah.. that's really-really my off limit weekend. :D

For me, there is a difference between when you spend your time hangin' out with your friends and when you spend your time with an older person or people. With friends, most of the time you will have fun and companion. But on the other side - with older people, you are more will get some advice and experiences about life or about the problems we have in life. Like I got yesterday, I spent my day with Eunike and her fiance. As a man above my age, Eunike's fiance draw me a picture about the way most of men think. Well, as you know that man and women are the opposite of each other and sometimes we get stuck in it. They gave me a lot of suggestions, stories, and support and I really appreciate that.

At Sutos, once again I spent my time with some older people. Lili's counsins are married and they told me a looott of things about everything, but especially about a relationship between a man and a women. I conclude most of them here:

  1. In the time you have a relationship with a guy, you have to make sure that you are happy. If you already crying out loud because of him or for him, you better leave him behind. "Pacaran" is the time when you are loved and wanted by him not the opposite.
  2. The maximum age for a women to get married is 28. More than that is a red sign warning. But the perfect number is 24.
  3. If a guy leave you without some assurance, you better ask him straight the face. If he still don't give you a certainty, you better leave him - right away.
  4. There are differences between when you still in relationship and when you already married. The example they gave me is this: if you fall because of something, maybe your boyfriend will say "be careful dear". But if you already married and you still fall anyway, maybe he will say "watch your eyes!!". hahahaha. So yea, lucky you, if you're not experience that.
  5. The last thing is probably the best encouragement suggestion: sebelum janur kuning melengkung, berarti masih ada kesempatan. hahahahaha..:D

After all, I've got this beautiful quote from the book Eunike bought yesterday, more or less has a meaning like this:

What you willing to let go will decide what God can give you in return

Apa yang bersedia kamu lepaskan akan menentukan apa yang Tuhan akan berikan kepadamu

The book said that the good is the enemy of the better. The better is the enemy of the best. So if you hold on to what you have right now even if you know it's not suit you, it mean that you are blocking God's way to give you the better, or even the best one.

Like one of my friend said, if you can have a Rolex quality to be in your partner for life, why you have to satisfy with Casio? :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i agree with the part which stated that the most proper age to get married is 24!!!!! haoahaohahahahaha.... as 2 of my sisters were married at 24! aku y mesti kyk gt rek... wkwkwkwkw....
mmmm... ya memang rolex lbh apik se san.... but mungkin ae casio'e lbh enak pakeane, km lbh comfortable b dee... trs rolex sg bertaburan berlian lbh susah njaga'e, nti gampang dicolong orang lo.....
hoahahaoaahahahahahaa.....

Anonymous said...

What you willing to let go will decide what God can give you in return
Generally, we call it tabur tuai.. this is so true (based on my self experience)

Eh 24 umur yg perfect ya ? Berarti deadline mu tinggal sebentar lg tuh :P

Susan said...

eo: bukan secara fisik eo. maksud'e itu kalo emang ternyata ada sing lebih cocok, lebih baik, lebih sabar, lebih-lebih disegala'e yang lebih fit ke kamu, ya ngapain km pertahano sing lama. kadang orang itu kalo wes buta gara2 cinta rada susah ngeliat kenyataan kalo orang tersebut ternyata tidak sebaik dan sebaik itu buat dia. yah gitu lah kira2. itu si eunike yang bilang. hahahaha
jie: itu kata orang. for me, terserah Tuhan deh. percaya aja dengan segenap hati. hahahaha. ikut doain gitu lo biar sungguhan biar 24 sungguhan bisa married. hahaha

Susan said...

regen & eo: OMG...+/- 3 tahun lagi ada yang syebar syebar undangan. haohaohoahoa

david xtian said...

sek2 yg rolex tuh co yg gmn,klo casio tuh co yg gmn??bingung san...rolex tuh org yg perfect d matamu.tp le casio tuh ga perfect tp bkn brarti ga bagus..gt ya??

Susan said...

@david: saya jelaskan di fb aja lah. hahahahaha